Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thomas Cupcakes!

I am really excited about these cupcakes.  I think that they turned out super cute and Doble is super excited for me to bring them to school later this morning.  The eyes turned out a little buggy, but I had to work with the cutters that I had.  Other than that they were actually pretty easy to make.  I made 15 for his class and have 24 more to add alongside his birthday cake this weekend.  We added one more cupcake to to the mix, but you will have to wait till we post the cake pictures later this week. 
I can't believe this is my 4th year in a row making a Thomas the Train themed cake (3 for Doble).  We'll see if he lets me change it up next year.  He is just so in love with this beloved train and his friends.
Can't you just tell by the look on his face?
Close up of our favorite Train
THOMAS
The very proud birthday boy. 
 Tomorrow he turns 4!!
Peek a boo Thomas. 
The cupcakes are my usual white almond sour cream cake with buttercream icing.  This time I filled the cupcakes with buttercream and just put enough on the top to set the toppers on top.  The toppers are all fondant and food coloring painted faces. 

No comments: