Monday, August 9, 2010

Elegant Black Tie Wedding Cake

I will admit that I was extremely nervous for this cake.  I have known that I was going to be making it for about 8 months.  A wedding cake is a big deal and I didn't want to make any mistakes.  After setting up the cake I was actually really pleased.  I started thinking... "Hey I actually can do this cake thing".  I even had someone ask me to make thier wedding cake.  Who knows, maybe when the kids are older I could go into business. 

16" square - sour cream almond cake and buttercream filling and icing
12" square - chocolate cake with nutella filling and buttercream icing
8" square - lemon cake with lemon filling and icing

***Thanks to my friend Katrina for the chocolate cake recipe and the nutella idea.  The cake tasted just as good as it looked.

Congratulations Vanessa and Joshua!!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Alisha, you always do a fabulous job. I love talking cakes with you. This one sure is a beauty!