A while ago I bought a book called "Hello, Cupcake". It is full cute cupcake ideas that are fun and pretty easy to do. I hadn't made cupcakes out of it for a while so I decided to make these corn on the cob cupcakes for our family 4th of July get together. They are cute, easy, and fun. But I will warn you, atleast for me they were a bit pricey. I went to wour local candy store for the jelly bellys. My goodness jelly bellys are over priced. However, the end result was worth it.
I know lots of pictures. For all the work I put into my cakes and cupcakes, I have to take lots of pictures.
What you will need:
24 cupcakes baked in white liners. I used my favorite WASC recipe.
Vanilla frosting tinted yellow. I have yet to put my favorite frosting recipe up. I will eventually.
Lots of jelly belly's in yellows, cream, and white colors (the book says 3 1/2 cups, but they don't take into consideration that some are going to be eaten. I don't know how many pounds it was, but at the candy store I filled the whole bag to the tip top. I was able to cover 30 cupcakes.
Yellow laffy taffy or starbursts. The laffy taffy looks most like butter and is easier to work with.
Black and white sugar.
Let's get Baking:
1. Bake your cupcakes
2. Prepare your frosting and tint yellow.
3. Frost your cupcakes and arrange jelly bellys into five rows on each cupcake.
4. Place 3 cupcakes touching in a row.
5. Cut laffy taffy in half and mold the edges to shape into melted butter pats.
6. Put a small amount of frosting on the bottom of your laffy taffy and place on your cupcake.
7. Sprinkle with sugars.
8. If using insert your corn holders to each end of your cupcakes.