Friday, June 3, 2011

Thomas Goes to the Circus

Thomas and the Chinese Dragon Birthday cake for Doble.
He wanted a Thomas Carnival cake and this is what I came up with.  For his preschool class we made cupcakes to look like boxes of popcorn.  This was alot of fun to make.  Everything is edible.  The two figures are made from gumpaste, and the circus tent is out of rice cereal treats.  He chose a vanilla cake with cookies and cream filling and a chocolate cake with white chocolate buttercream and raspberry filling.
Once again I had to cover Doble's name.  The red little plaque thing on the bottom layer has been colored in to hide his name.



I used nut and party cups instead of cupcake liners. Every other crease was colored using a sharpie.  The popcorn look was created using marshmellows that had x's cut into the top of them and then painted using yellow food coloring.  We had butter and extra butter!


1 comment:

sherree said...

Oh my you are amazing!!! When I am making 150 cupcakes in a month and am feeling like i can't do it. I am going to remember how you have made such beautiful creations in just days of eachother!!You inspire me :)